Whether we are ready or not, Christmas is coming in six weeks. Lucky for you we’ve made our wish list early! Give the gift of solidarity this season by supporting CPT and local peacemaking initiatives.
There are so many ways you can support us from wherever you are in the world. Here are six quick things you can do:
1. Read and share our Advent reflection series. Once a week for the four weeks of Advent, we will send out a reflection about peace and justice from our perspective working here in Colombia. The first reflection will be sent out Monday, November 21st. Please share these with your friends and family, post them on your blogs, personal, or organizational websites, or reflect on them with your faith communities.
2. Educate yourself about Colombia. Did you know that Colombia has the world’s worst internally displaced crisis, with between four and five million people forced out of their homes? Or that in October the U.S. passed a Free Trade Agreement with Colombia, despite the fact that Colombia has the worst human rights record in the Western Hemisphere? That 41 candidates were assassinated in October’s elections? Stay informed about what’s going on in the country that the U.S. has called “the greatest foreign policy success story.” We will be launching a blog featuring centralized resources this month. Stay tuned for the link.
3. Friend us on Facebook.
4. Follow us on Twitter and join us in our JustCoz campaign.
5. Donate! During this season of peace, please consider giving a Christmas gift in support of the work of local peacemakers here in Colombia.
6. Lastly, pray for Colombia. Millions of Colombians pray every day for peace in their country. Join in, and invite your worship communities to do so as well. Consider saying this prayer for peace every day during the season of Advent:
As we anticipate the coming of the Prince of Peace,
help us to move from the center to the margins,
from despair to hope,
from weakness to courage,
from hatred to shalom.
Prepare us, O Emmanuel, this Advent season
to be a voice in the wilderness for peace and understanding.
Thank you for your continual support of our work here in Colombia. We hope as we prepare for the Christmas season, you can stand with us and Colombia for a peaceful world.